Sunday, February 24, 2013

Welcome to my blog and WHY AM I DOING THIS?

Dearest Readers of this BLOG!

I have been a life long activist in many areas, being a musician/artist...that is the arena that I am most comfortable in.  I get anxious when I watch the news and bogged down with facts and details, legislature and stuff.

Last week I read Barbara Kingsolver's new novel FLIGHT BEHAVIOR, it depressed the heck outta me (but it isn't a depressing book...really, it's a GREAT book). I was just feeling overwhelmed, hormonal and there was a full moon, what can I say.

Anyhow, I needed to DO SOMETHING. Something creative. I poked around on the net to see what folks were doing on this front and found a website young folks called  'i matter' and they have a letter writing campaign. It is brilliant! They want to bring 1,000 letters in person to Obama. YEAH! The deadline for their project is in March.  WELL....I LOVE making collages so, so, so much...I thought, I COULD DO THIS TOO. 

So I am making collages with a letter accompanying it and mailing them to the White House. I will attempt to several each week.  I'm great at making GRAND COMMITMENTS like this and not following through forever! 

This is where YOU come in!  Comment, dialogue...give me IDEAS for collages (I will run out of my own quickly). THEN...pick up a pen and write a letter yourself! Send my blog address to your friends...maybe it will inspire THEM to write a letter. Not a DID YOU KNOW letter. Obama is very smart and understands WAY more than I ever will...but rather a LETTER from the HEART. Tell him how you FEEL. Maybe if we send MILLIONS of letters, he will listen???

Send your letter to:
PRESIDENT OBAMA
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20500

May Peace Prevail on Earth
Sincerely yours,
Donna Stjerna
aka  ONE WORRIED MOM

4 comments:

  1. I love it, Donna! You are the perfect person for the job!! Love to you and Kelly, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Donna,
    Thank you for sharing this idea with me and others. What a great mission and loving way to change the collective consciousness, that will help to change the way people think and act, and the Higher consciousness that is the answer to all.
    Look forward to painting with you again SOON at Budhi's! My soul rejoices when being around like minded souls:)
    Your son is so blessed to have a Mom like you to experience life with. The challenge of difficulties will strengthen us, unite us, and lead us to unfold and evolve to a higher level of understanding.
    GO GIRL!
    Deb Davis
    (friend of Budhi's in Norfork over by Calico Rock, which has a cabin for you to stay in when you are over this way:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea... and as ambitious as most of your ideas are power woman. And this is a powerful idea. I'm thinkin' now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Donna & Kelly,

    This is Jackie. It's such a brilliant idea. I'm so grateful for what you're doing. I've always loved your beautiful art and heart. Thank you for sharing this with me. I'll always support you guys with anything I can.

    Love,
    Jackie ❤

    ReplyDelete