Thursday, February 28, 2013

To Frack or Not to Frack

Dear President Obama,

Several months ago we went to a program at our local library put on by an elderly couple who had experienced problems with some drilling that was done on a piece of property they had been hard developing hoop houses for organic nursery plants.

Their water was CONTAMINATED and so they couldn't grow organically anymore and they had to move. At their age this was incredibly challenging both emotionally and financially!

The woman suffered with some severe health problems due to gasses that were released due to the drilling. They are passionate about this subject and have been traveling around the state of Arkansas, doing a power point program to educate folks about the dangers of fracking from their FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE!


This man is VERY articulate and I'm sure he would LOVE to talk to you or anyone on your team about his challenges. If you would like his email, let me know and I'll ask him if it's OK for me to send it.  (Of course, I'm not that naive...I realize that this letter will probably only make it to a secretary or someone who handles the huge influx of mail you must get, BUT what the heck, I'm pretending that you personally read each and every one of my letters!)

SO....To Frack or NOT to Frack, that is the question.  My vote is NOT TO FRACK!

Sincerely,
One Worried Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment