Sunday, March 3, 2013

Obama Uncle Sam

Dear President Obama,

I didn't send a letter/collage over the weekend but I'm back!  I'm keeping it simple here today, just posting the lyrics to one of my songs.

WISH MY FOOTPRINT DIDN'T HURT
Words & Music Donna Stjerna

Up on my soapbox I complain, about global warming, acid rain
but last night I left my kitchen light on...way past dawn
I wish I would walk lighter on this earth,
wish my footprint didn't hurt...wish my footprint didn't hurt

Ever time I stick a nozzle in my tank
I complain...fossil fuel down the drain...
but last night I drove my car down the block,
for a case of Shiner Bock
I wish I would walk lighter on the earth
wish my footprint didn't hurt, wish my footprint didn't hurt

Sure it helps to turn my AC down, ride my bike all over town
Sure it makes a difference when I buy, 
ecological fluorescent lights      
Sure it helps to put a sweater on instead of turning up the heat
Sure it's good to make sure that my faucets never leak...
BUT IS IT ENOUGH????

I try to buy organically, locally...good and green, fresh and clean
but last night I bought a box of macaroni with processed cheese  
I wish I would walk lighter on this earth,
wish my footprint didn't hurt, wish my footprint didn't hurt

Sure it's great to take a shower with a friend, become a vegetarian
Drink coffee grown in the shade, recycle everyday
It's great to hang your clothes on the line, they'll smell & save a dime
It's really swell to plant a tree, turn off the water when you brush your teeth,
BUT IS IT ENOUGHT???  

I think we...COLLECTIVELY-need to keep doing these simple things...
even though we try, I know sometimes...we miss the brass ring
I wish we would walk lighter on this earth
So our footprint will not hurt
So our footprint will not hurt

Sincerely,
One Worried Mom
  

1 comment: