Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Obama Crooner

Dear President Obama,

I just want to say that I voted for you in both elections. I think you are a great man and have done many great things for our country. I understand that often your hands are tied and you are not able to do things 'YOUR WAY'.  That is frustrating to us Americans as well.

I wish you could just CROON into the microphone and tell the world that NONE of the pressing issues will even matter if we don't make taking care of the Earth the #1 PRIORITY!

I believe that Climate Change is the MOST important challenge of our times. I know many people don't agree.

I hope your LEGACY will be...that YOU were the President that stood up against huge oil companies and corporations and said all the things that NEED to be said...and that you DID what you had to do WITHOUT EXEMPTION!

HERE IS THE SONG FOR THE DAY!

Excerpts from:
I DID IT MY WAY
Frank Sinatra

Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do and saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried
I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think I did all that
And may I say, not in a shy way,
Oh, no...oh no not me, I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught
To say the things he truly feels and not the words
of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows and did it my my way!

Sincerely,
One Worried Mom
 

No comments:

Post a Comment