Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Obama with Polar Bear

Dear President Obama,

I looked on Google for cartoons about global warming and there were millions of jokes about Polar Bears sitting on slivers of glacier and boo-hooing about the ice caps melting away.

I realize that when things are serious, it often helps to poke fun and make jokes to lighten things up. I totally appreciate that, but this is really NO LAUGHING MATTER!

The Polar Bear has become the 'poster child' of climate change...I think he is the canary in the coal mine! (Coal Mine-no pun intended)

One of my best friends is crazy about Polar Bears, she collects them and has zillions. We call her Queen of the Polar Bears. She dreams of going to Churchill, Canada some day and seeing them in person. I hope they are still around so she can fulfill her dream.  This blog specially for HER!

This little picture of the Polar Bear perched on a tiny piece of ice is SO touching to me...I can't get it out of my head.  I hope it keeps rolling around in yours too!                                                             SAVE THE POLAR BEARS!

Sincerely,
One Worried Mom



No comments:

Post a Comment