Monday, May 13, 2013

Obama Tea Time

Dear Mr. President,

A friend of mine suggested that I use an Alice in Wonderland theme for one of my collages so I was trying to think of which character I should choose.

Last week I got to host my first Tea Party for my God-daughter who turned 11. (I had a boy and he never wanted a Tea Party, so this was SO FUN).

Anyhow, I dressed up fancy and wearing my top hat, I kept thinking about the Mad Hatter's Tea Party and decided to use it as the theme.  That got me to wondering what people in the 'tea party' think about Climate Change.  (This is how my mind works).

Ah Ha!  So I read several articles on the subject and was surprised that among tea party supporters FEWER people believe that climate change is a problem than believe you are Muslim.

A New York Times/CBS News poll suggests only 14 percent of the Tea Party supporters consider global warming a serious problem. YIKES!!!  I find that fact shocking.

I really think that our population on the WHOLE has pushed this threat under the rug for now. We are not keeping it on the HIGH PRIORITY list!

My son used to have a favorite song that was popular on the radio called IT'S A MAD WORLD! It moved me when he would sing it!  We all need to STOP THE MADNESS.  What's that old saying?.....Stop and SMELL THE TEA (Coffee)!

Sincerely,
ONE WORRIED MOM







No comments:

Post a Comment