Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Obama Scarecrow

Dear President Obama,

One of my readers asked that I make a collage that addresses GMO's and Monsanto's Round Up Ready and other related issues.  I stayed up till 2 am reading everything I could find. 

Of course you know about this biotechnology but for my readers...GMO's are genetically modified organisms. Scientists working in this field say that modified food is not harmful to humans as far as they know SO FAR. There has not been enough testing. Too much to say on this subject. LOOK IT UP AND READ ABOUT IT...fascinating stuff.

Now, this collage is a bit 'deep' if you don't know about .UP READY seeds.  A company called Monsanto has developed a corn seed that can tolerate the poisonous herbicide, Round Up. The Round Up kills virtually all plant life. Birds will suffer if a large-scale vegetation kill occurs. The loss of flora will have a negative impact on bird breeding grounds and areas where birds forage for food.  I could go on and on.....but this is why the scarecrow in my collage doesn't know what a CROW is!  OUCH.

If you want to know more...PBS did a special called HARVEST OF FEAR about this subject.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/harvest/viewpoints/risks.html

My next letter will be more about FRANKENFOODS! 

Sincerely yours,
ONE WORRIED MOM

1 comment:

  1. It's gotten so difficult to tell if the foods I'm buying are real or not. The more we discuss it the less these problems will be in the dark. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete